Innovation Ulster Ltd. (IUL) is a wholly owned knowledge and technology venturing company of Ulster University.
We work closely with external companies in a number of ways:
- Licensing opportunities – companies of all sizes and individual entrepreneurs can access an extensive portfolio of technologies and early stage ideas/concepts that are available for licensing and/or collaborative development.
- Spin-in – we provide opportunities for companies to spin-in to the university and access our inventions, research, technologies and facilities to develop a commercial opportunity through a collaborative approach, in return for an equity stake.
- Portfolio companies – we encourage and support the commercial advancement of new inventions and ideas developed by our academic staff and students into fully commercial enterprises.
Innovation funding support
There are a number of funding support programmes available to support innovation and throughout the technology readiness development process.
If you would like to discuss an opportunity for spin-in, technology licensing or any of our portfolio companies contact us.
Director of Research and Impact
Research & Impact
Whether it's new product development, core research, solving a technical problem or simply driving internal efficiencies, we engage our researchers and academics to help you with tangible issues specific to your business needs.
- Development and delivery of Ulster University’s Research & Impact Strategy
- Operational leadership of the Department for Research & Impact
- Chief Executive of Innovation Ulster Limited, the University’s commercialisation company
If you are an Ulster University student looking to discuss commercialising a product or starting your own business, please contact Chris Shannon.